HEALTH FIRST-COVID 19
COVID-19 “HEALTH FIRST”
First of all please know that Esmeralda Hotel is focused more than ever on the health and safety of our guests and our employees and partnersas our top priority.
Hygiene and cleanliness have never been more important to us.
It is with your health and wellbeing in mind that we have made all necessary additions to comply with the Greek Authorities Instructions.
Our “Health First” program includes safety and cleanliness standards in 3 stars hotels.
The basic measures to prevent COVID-19 transmission, which must be observed by all of us (customers, staff, suppliers ecc) are as follows:
- Hand hygiene, use of antiseptics and avoid contact of hands with the face
- Keeping social distances
- Observance of respiratory hygiene measures
- Use of personal protection measures
- The stuff is instructed to not come to work if they are not well and every day, we take their temperature and verify they are well.
- We have frequent wellness and safety training and we stress the importance of wellness and strict adherence to our safety protocols. Our stuff can always inform you and give you all necessary information.
- Importantly, we value our health as well as yours – you can take comfort in knowing that our caring for the stuff recognizes the importance of their health before they interact with you.
- We have put in place enhanced safety practices at the front desk.
- We are minimizing your contact with personnel for check-in and check-out processes and we have placed plexi-glass divider to avoid direct contact.
- We practice social distancing by ensuring a safe distance for interactions, and we disinfect anything you will touch – from the front desk surface to the pens you use. Every key card is disinfected and sanitized with appropriate procedures.
- There is an addition of floor marking at a distance of two meters where the customer will stand and appropriate distance marking in the waiting area, proper arrangement of furniture and proper queue management in order to reduce waiting time.
- We can use POS machine for the payments, so we avoid the direct touch of money.
- We extend check-out and check-in between stays:
Check out until 11.00 am
Check in from 3.00 pm
This change in the time interval between each check in and check out is mandatory to ensure that between different customers the room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, as well as that adequate natural ventilation of the space is followed.
- The entrance in all rooms is NOT allowed to all people who do not stay at the Hotel.
- We know that most of your time with us will be spent in your guest room. Prior to your stay, your room will be cleaned, sanitized, disinfected and closely inspected.
- Every guest room is cleaned and sanitized. Every guest room high touch point will be cleaned with chemicals aimed at killing the COVID-19 virus – door handles, light switches, a/c, desk areas, hangers, television remotes, alarm clocks, coffee makers, telephones and all bathroom fixture handles and touch points. Where you touch – it will have been cleaned with a focus on your safety.
- Hotel housekeeper will wear gloves and masks to ensure your safety as well as hers.
- Prior to your walking through the door to your room, all linens and towels products will have been washed in chemicals aimed at killing the virus, and at a high-heat temperature at which it cannot survive.
- Separate laundry areas are used for clean linens and towels to prevent cross-contamination, and all laundry are disinfected daily. All laundry facilities and equipment are routinely inspected with only approved cleaning chemicals used.
- Additionally, knowing you want to practice safe social distancing, cleaning of the room during your stay will be only after the guest has left the room.
- While we recognize the importance of providing you a quality food and drinks service when you stay with us, we have implemented a HACCP QUALITY SYSTEM that ensures the food you receive is controlled safe and healthy.
- We are providing “served” menus and a la carte dishes so that you do not have to obtain your food in a “buffet style setting.”
- We have implemented a “room service” program for free that allows you to take your food to your room to eat.
- Importantly, Restaurant/ Bar tables and chairs are sanitized whenever used. Our promise to you is to provide a quality food and beverage while respecting that your safety and well-being are paramount.
Lobby & Public Areas:
We have removed lobby items that in the past would have been shared by guests (such as magazines and books) and we have established strictly enforced cleaning schedules for lobby furniture and fixtures.
We have hand sanitizing stations in lobby and all service areas.
Public areas, restaurant, bar, lobby and swimming pool will be cleaned on closely-monitored schedules using disinfecting chemicals.
- Follow the rules of personal hygiene that are posted in the areas of the swimming pool (hand washing, individual bathroom cleaner, use of flip flops everywhere).
- Be sure to take a cleaning bath before using the swimming pool.
- In case of using the toilets of the facilities, take a cleaning bath again before entering the tank.
- Do not enter the tank if you have a skin condition. People with extensive abrasions, blisters or open sores should be informed of the risk of infection and avoid using the pool.
- Maximum number of bathers in the swimming pool: 14 people
- Long chairs will be cleaned with a disinfectant after each use and it essential to cover them with pool towels provided.
Esmeralda Hotel is a family-owned hotel and the stuff is working here for many years. We want you to know that we truly care about you, your family and your health. We stand ready to provide you a safe, clean home away from home as “Health First” is the new standard.
Coordinator for the action plan of Esmeralda Hotel: Mathaios Charkianakis